Hello my fellow Art Lovas! So I’m absolutely crazy about my latest creation: Emerald City and with the whole geode art craze going on, I wanted to create something similar but unique. I created this piece for ARTOPIA CHARITY EVENT which is an amazing fundraising event benefiting Big Bend Cares of Tallahassee! I’m hoping it will raise lots of $$$. This piece has sooo much glitter, sparkle, silver leaf detail and resin going on it’s ridiculous. I truly feel that pictures don’t do it justice but I took a million anyways. Keep scrolling for juicy details on what I used and my creative process:-) This piece is a fluid acrylic style painting on a 24x30 canvas, gallery wrapped. I always use gallery wrapped for that thicker edge and because there is no need to frame!I then used the fluid acrylic colors (pictured on the bottom of paint photos with little black nozzles) last on top of my pour, I used the blow dryer for effect and then added my crushed glass on top of the wet paint. After I placed my crushed glass, I sprinkled glitter on top. Here is how the wet painting looks after the fluid pour, crushed glass and glitter. AFTER THE ART IS DRY AND BEFORE THE RESIN FINISH I ADDED TOUCHES OF SILVER LEAF TO THE EDGES. NOW FOR THE ART RESIN APPLICATION!!! I added more glitter to my mixed resin before pouring. I poured the resin over the entire canvas including the glass. I THEN ADD HEAT WITH MY TRUSTY HEAT GUN TO POP ANY BUBBLES AND SMOOTH OUT THE SURFACE. YOU CAN ALSO USE A BLOW TORCH BUT I PREFER TO NOT DEAL WITH THE HASSLE OF BUYING PROPANE REFILLS AND/OR SETTING MY HOUSE ON FIRE (J/K BUT NOT REALLY). I PURCHASED BY HEAT GUN FROM JOANN FABRICS FOR ABOUT $30. https://www.joann.com/american-crafts-zap-embossing-heat-gun/10066181.html#q=HEAT%2BGUN&start=1 (Video sped up) AFTER THE RESIN IS POURED IT’S SO SHINY AND GLOSSY! I ALWAYS COVER MY ART AFTER I RESIN SO NO DUST SETTLES INTO IT! AFTER 24 HOURS THE RESIN IS DRY AND HARD TO THE TOUCH. TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RESIN PROCESS CLICK HERE: https://www.artresin.com/blogs/videos NOW SHE IS ALL FINISHED & SHINY & BEAUTIFUL & SPARKLING IN THE SUNLIGHT! I’M IN LOVE AND GREEN WITH ENVY!
- Craftsmart Multisurface Premium Satin- Colors: Green, Crisp Green & Mediterranean (purchased at Michaels)
- FW Pearlescent Liquid Acrylic (black nozzles) (Waterfall Green, Silver Moss & Amsterdam) http://www.daler-rowney.com/content/fw-pearlescent (gold is pictured but was not used)
- Extra Fine Glitter-Recollection Brand,colors: Sea Green & Glitz (from Michaels)
- Background color-Behr paint, color: ‘Silver City’ mixed with white Craftsmart paint
- Fire Glass-Starfire Direct- 1/2″ evergreen fire glass, emerald reflective fire cubes (I crushed the cubes into smaller pieces with a hammer), 1/2″ gold reflective glass, 1/2″ azuria reflective glass https://starfiredirect.com/collections/fire-glass
- Art Resin: http://(https://www.artresin.com/collections/artresin)
- Silver Leaf